03 June 2011

Color Dash

This season, color blocking has really made a big come back. Although it is not a new trend but it definitely back with a big bang. As you people know, I love colors. For me there is no rule in combining colors as long as it will not make you look ramp-ish. Don't be shy to experiment. If you are afraid of making flaws in blocking colors, I give you two hints. First, try to add basic colors like white, black or grey to make the striking color toned down. And the second one, try not to combine more than 4 colors in one outfits. More colors will create an illusion of cutting your shape here and there, and that would create the non-original of your figure itself. 

I think that color blocking is a fun trend that every girl should try to experiment. Experimenting the colors will expose you on how to accentuate your style using colors. Like I've mentioned before, by experimenting colors also lets you express your own idea in creating your own sense of style.

Using Looklet, I have created 9 looks on how to block colors. Since I have abandoned my Looklet account for quite sometimes, so now I've decided to use it in creating my personal look for this entry. Haven't heard about Looklet yet?  Looklet is a so-called fashion game where you can simply pick your own model and dress them up using your own creativity. Looklet provides you with a wide range of wardrobe (from top to toe) where you can simply pick the dress, top, shoes, bags and etc. Have fun trying this game and I am sure you gonna love it so much. Below are the 9 looks that I created using Looklet. It covers on how to color block while adding some patterns and prints. The combining of colors and the selection of outfits and styling are solely my idea. Cool?

These are the looks that you can say play-it-safe because I don't go for too many colors. Maybe for the first trial, you can go into this kind of color codes - mixing 2 or 3 colors while having one basic color in your selection of outfits.

Mixing two contrast colors. Do not afraid to go for something that extra bold and strike. Like I said, there is no rule that restrict you from having red and green together or blue and yellow at the same time. Have fun with these colors, girls!

Wild and fun. Agree? I can say that these are the look that creates fun and craze. I love these since I mixed everything together. Bold, striking colors, patterns and prints. Pretty isn't it? Pink fuchsia, yellow mustard, tangerine and electric blue are so in-style now. So babes, don't forget to update your wardrobe with these neon colors. Have fun experimenting, darlings!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment